Are you ready for a fun, friendly, yet artistically challenging opportunity? Come join Madrigal Chorale. We are a sociable group of dedicated musicians from all walks of life, with one thing in common… creating the most exciting choral sounds in Southeast Michigan! Madrigal Chorale has a rich history of choral performance and community service dating back to the beginning of the 20th century. Led by our Artistic Director, Dr. Brandon Ulrich, you can expect to perform at least 6 concerts during the current season. We perform at various venues throughout the Metro Detroit area including last year at Orchestra Hall.
Members are selected by audition only.
- Auditions will be held at St. Owen Catholic Church ~ 6869 Franklin Rd, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301
- Auditions are generally held at the beginning of our season (September), the beginning of our Winter/Spring season (January) and at the conclusion of our season (June)
- You should be prepared to sing one selection of your choosing that highlights your strength
- You will be asked to sight read one piece and vocalize
- Accompaniment will be provided. Please bring a copy of your music for the pianist.
What to expect if accepted
- Rehearsals are usually from 7-9:30 PM on Tuesday evenings
- There is a Saturday retreat at the beginning of the season
- Rehearsals are held at St. Owen Catholic Church, 6869 Franklin Rd, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301
- We rehearse from the beginning of September until the end of May
- MC performs at various venues throughout the Metro Detroit area
- We have a fundraising gala in November to raise money for our high school scholarship fund
- We encourage our members to participate in every concert. However, depending on the circumstances, one may be excused from singing.
- Annual dues are $150 which includes the cost of music
All inquiries may be sent to email@example.com.
If you haven’t already done so, please send us your email so we can keep you informed of upcoming events. Please send your contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.